We’re looking to add someone to our staff team at Broadview! The Associate Pastor of Student and Family discipleship will serve as the primary support person for the Lead Pastor and primary overseer of next-gen ministry at Broadview. This is a multifaceted, full-time position. Housing allowance, medial insurance and retirement contributions are part of the salary package. Broadview is a mid-size church in Abilene, TX.
Below you’ll find some details about the position and ways to apply if you or anyone you know might be interested.
Associate Pastor: Student & Family Discipleship
Lead Pastor Support
- OVERALL: Assist the Lead Pastor in leading the congregation to accomplish her mission and vision
- PREACHING: Cover the Sunday morning pulpit on occasion.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Assist the Lead Pastor in other areas as needed.
- OVERALL: Lead a student ministry (youth & college) focused on worship, discipleship and missions using ministry environments like gatherings, groups and ministry teams.
- PREACHING: Serve as the primary Bible teacher for the student ministry (grades 6-12).
- COMMUNICATION: Communicate information about the student ministry to the staff, congregation and parents of students. (email, website, social media)
- ENGAGEMENT: Engage parents to discuss spiritual issues related to their children.
- LEADERSHIP: Enlist, train and deploy volunteer teams to do the work of the ministry.
- STEWARDSHIP: Manage the ministry budgets with recommendations for the following year.
- OVERALL: Oversee and ensure a collaborative discipleship ministry for the next generation at Broadview Baptist Church. (birth through college age.)
- LEADERSHIP: Act as a direct report for the preschool and children ministry staff, ensuring a cohesive discipleship strategy with smooth transitions.
Education & Experience:
- 3 years experience on staff in a ministry context.
- Mdiv, ThM ideal but not required.
- An authentic and active devotional life
- Integrity, character and conviction
- Active in personal evangelism
- A distinct passion for student ministry
- Meet qualifications of 1 Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9;
- Personal disciple-maker
- Proven track record of effective leadership
- Persuasive and Engaging Communicator (written and oral)
- Problem Solving Skills
- Proficient in use social media
- Capable of basic graphic design/website development
- Spiritually authentic (desires to know and experience God)
- Highly Relational (good at meeting people and making friends)
- Passionate about Missions/Outreach
- Hard working. Self-starter. Proactive.
- Fun loving. Self-depreciating. Not easily offended.
- Team Player. Others oriented. Serving Mindset.
- Broadview is affiliated with the SBC at a national, state and local level. We are dually aligned with both the SBTC and BGCT in the state of Texas. We affirm the BFM2K.
- We are committed to expositional preaching and Spirit-empowered worship.
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume in PDF form, including 3 references to email@example.com. Please use subject: “Associate Pastor Search.” Also please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog or post photos.