Associate Pastor: Youth & ADULT Discipleship
Broadview Baptist Church
The Associate Pastor of Youth and Adult Discipleship serves as the primary support person for the Lead Pastor and primary overseer of next-gen ministry at Broadview. The Associate Pastor will work alongside the Lead Pastor in helping the church to fulfill her mission and vision, specifically in the area of adult discipleship. He will also oversee ministry to students at Broadview and act as the direct report for our preschool and children’s ministry staff.
This is a multifaceted, full-time position. Medial insurance and retirement contributions are part of the salary package. Broadview is a mid-size church in Abilene, TX.
Responsibilities: Lead Pastor Support
- OVERALL: Assist the Lead Pastor in leading the congregation to accomplish her mission and vision
- PREACHING: Cover the Sunday morning pulpit on occasion (3-5 Sundays per year)
- PASTORING: Assist with pastoral work in the church: visitation, counseling, & evangelism
- LEADERSHIP: Act as a direct report for the preschool and children ministry staff, ensuring a tight and cohesive discipleship strategy
- MISCELLANEOUS: Assist the Lead Pastor in other areas as needed
Responsibilities: Youth Ministry
- Overall: Create and maintain a student ministry focused on worship, discipleship and outreach using ministry environments like large-group gatherings, small groups and ministry teams.
- Preaching: Serve as the primary Bible teacher for the student ministry.
- Communication: Regularly communicate information about the youth ministry to the staff, congregation and parents of students. (email, website, social media)
- Parent Engagement: Engage parents to discuss spiritual issues related to their child.
- Volunteers: Enlist, train and deploy a volunteer team to minister to students.
- Budget: Manage the ministry budget and make recommendations for the following year.
Responsibilities: Adult Discipleship
- Small Groups: Enlist and train new adult small group leaders while overseeing the existing small group ministry at Broadview.
- Adult Discipleship: Evaluate the disciple-making ministries of the church and ensure they are effective. Implement new strategies to promote adult discipleship in the life of the church.
- Staff Support: Act as a staff support person for our lay volunteers who coordinate ministry to adults at Broadview.
Education & Experience:
- 3 years experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity.
- A bachelors degree in Biblical studies (or related field), equivalent formal seminary education or comparable experience in the field of ministry.
- An Mdiv or ThM is ideal but not required. Conversant in Christian apologetics also ideal.
- Married with children is the ideal but not a deal breaker
- A growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ (active devotional life)
- A thorough understanding of God’s Word
- A person of integrity, character and conviction
- Genuine love for “hard to reach” students
- A distinct passion for student ministry
- Active in personal evangelism
- Meets qualifications of 1 Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9;
- Proven disciple-maker
- Problem Solving Skills
- Effective and Engaging Communicator (written and oral)
- Responsible and effective use of Social Media
- Basic graphic design capabilities
- Basic website maintenance (CSS, WordPress)
- Fun (Likes to laugh. Don’t take yourself too seriously.)
- Highly Relational (Friendly. People Person.)
- Passionate about Missions/Outreach
- Hard working. Self-starter. Proactive.
- Team Player. Humble. Serving Mindset.
- Broadview is affiliated with the SBC at a national, state and local level. We are dually aligned with both the SBTC and BGCT in the state of Texas. We affirm the BFM2K.
- We are committed to expositional preaching and Spirit-empowered worship.
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume in PDF form, including 3 references to info at broadview dot church. Please use subject: “Associate Pastor Search.” Also please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog or post photos.